TD Accounting (a Tax Doctor company) is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant for our Des Moines, Iowa location.
TD Accounting is a successful, locally-owned accounting, payroll, and tax preparation firm. We help local businesses be more organized and financially profitable. We have a history of steady growth and are in position to continue that success into the future. We are looking for an exceptional person to grow with us.
We help small businesses be better organized and more profitable. We are a close-knit team and are committed to developing and retaining our staff for the long-term. This is a special opportunity to join a growing professional firm!
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Must be able to process 56+ clients a month.
- ccurately prepare monthly financial statements in a timely manner utilizing our accounting software (QBO).
- Pay bills for assigned clients using Bill.com.
- Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements.
- Track and record asset purchases & sales and record depreciation expenses monthly.
- Must meet all deadlines. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Qualifications & skills
- AA or BA in accounting.
- Must have verifiable accounting experience in processing multiple clients accounting and bookkeeping functions including producing financial statements for small businesses.
- Need to be responsible, timely, detail oriented with great communication and people skills.
- QuickBooks Online experience necessary in processing for multiple clients.
- EA or CPA (or pursuing) helpful, but not necessary.
Tax Doctor, Inc. will reward your talents with an attractive compensation of $44,000 a year with a strong incentive plan that will drive the total compensation to $50,000+ . We offer a SIMPLE retirement plan, a portion of health insurance paid, group term life, long and short term disability, vacation and sick plan, paid holidays. We also offer some limited remote work opportunities.